Who we are:
Maltem Group is a community of 1,200+ passionate individuals dedicated to innovation, new technologies, data, and digital transformation projects.
Founded in 2001 and located in 12 different countries, our footprint covers France, Singapore, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Luxembourg, Belgium, Madagascar, Mauritius Island, Morocco, US, Canada, and Australia. Our expertise consists of 20 years of market knowledge in the business organization, digital practices, agile, data management, and innovation.
Since 2018, Maltem Australia is a growing and multicultural data analytics and project management consulting boutique composed of 50+ highly experienced practitioners. We are working closely with clients to understand, connect, and improve organisational effectiveness, and deliver data value faster. Our aim is to support our partners in building a sustainable competitive advantage in their industry and be at the forefront of innovation and customer-experience.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced R Software Engineer to work with our client in insurance services. Your mission will automate the calculation and make it faster, progressively adding it to the customers.
You will support the delivery of loss ratio results to group clients for internal use and then through an online platform.
▪ Develop calculation of loss ratio results in accordance with specified overall designs.
▪ Liaise with other teams to understand the detailed calculations required at a lower level than the overall design.
▪ Develop detailed calculations as R programs.
▪ Document of technical specifications and user instructions.
▪ Liaise with Data Governance to link the results through to the online system.
▪ Work to agreed priorities and deadlines.
▪ High level of experience in R programming language.
▪ Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
▪ Ideally life insurance and/or financial reporting experience.
Our projects are mostly long-term from 6 months to 2 years. During that time, we will discuss your career progression, training that you can undertake and make sure you keep learning through your engagement
Our Recruitment Process:
1. Apply online! The HR team carefully studies your application under 3 to 5 days and contacts you if your profile matches one of our positions.
2. First meeting! You discuss with an HR about your background, your professional aspirations, about Maltem and the opportunities we offer.
3. Challenge yourself in a technical interview with one of our experts. It is also an opportunity for you to have his feedback.
During the entire recruitment process, you have the opportunity to participate in events organised by Maltem and interact with consultants to learn more about us!
Internal life @Maltem
- A community of practitioners that you can contact to share your knowledge
- Lunch and coffee catch-up to have some chit-chat with the community
- An after work every two months to gather the community and get to know better each other around a beer or some nice juices
- A regular follow-up of your key account manager on your mission and career evolution along with our head of data & analytics
- Sports activities that can happen after work or during the weekend (voluntary-based)
- Work on our new offices at WeWork where we have some open-space, free drinks, and other advantages
- A laptop proposed by the company (depending on your mission)
- The possibility to work overseas for Maltem Group
- The possibility to be part of advisory and greenfield project
- The possibility to be mentored or mentor someone during your journey with Maltem
We take care of each other, and our employees are at the heart of everything we do. We are community driven. By joining us, you will have access to a pool of passionate experts across data engineering, analytics, data science Change and Project Management.
So, are you ready to join us?