Who we are:
Maltem Group is a community of 1,200+ passionate individuals dedicated to innovation, new technologies, data, and digital transformation projects.
Founded in 2001 and located in 12 different countries, our footprint covers France, Singapore, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Luxembourg, Belgium, Madagascar, Mauritius Island, Morocco, US, Canada and Australia. Our expertise consists of 20 years of market knowledge in business organisation, digital practices, agile, data management and innovation.
Since 2018, Maltem Australia is a growing and multicultural data analytics and project management consulting boutique composed of 50+ highly experienced practitioners. We work closely with clients to understand, connect, improve organisational effectiveness, and deliver data value faster. We aim to support our partners in building a sustainable competitive advantage in their industry and forefront innovation and customer experience.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer Lead to be part of the Treasury Data Engineering team of one of our clients in the finance sector.
- Collaborate closely with treasury business and technical team members to deliver data related projects using Spark, Hadoop and Kafka
- Provide technical guidelines and leadership to the team to ensure the delivery meets and objectives
- Deliver a high performing and stable platform to the different stakeholders
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar data engineering role within a corporate environment
- Extensive hands-on experience using Apache Spark, Hadoop and Kafka
- Strong knowledge of data modelling and data governance
- Familiar with cloud computing concepts and modern data integration experience with DevOps approaches
- Good business acumen to interpret complex technical data and present results to business stakeholders
- Previous successful leadership experience and comfortable taking ownership of issues and driving resolution
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to interact with the business autonomously
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
Our projects are mostly long-term, from 6 months to 2 years. During that time, we will discuss your career progression, training that you can undertake and make sure you keep learning through your engagement
Our Recruitment Process:
1. Apply online! The HR team carefully studies your application under 3 to 5 days and contacts you if your profile matches one of our positions.
2. First meeting! You discuss with HR about your background, your professional aspirations, Maltem and the opportunities we offer.
3. Challenge yourself in a technical interview with one of our experts. It is also an opportunity for you to have his feedback.
During the entire recruitment process, you have the opportunity to participate in events organised by Maltem and interact with consultants to learn more about us!
Internal life @Maltem
- A community of practitioners that you can contact to share your knowledge
- Lunch and coffee catch-up to have some chit-chat with the community
- An after work every two months to gather the community and get to know better each other around a beer or some nice juices
- A regular follow-up of your key account manager on your mission and career evolution along with our head of data & analytics
- Sports activities that can happen after work or during the weekend (voluntary-based)
- Work on our new offices at WeWork where we have some open space, free drinks, and other advantages
- A laptop proposed by the company (depending on your mission)
- The possibility to work overseas for Maltem Group
- The possibility to be part of advisory and greenfield project
- The possibility to be mentored or mentor someone during your journey with Maltem
We take care of each other, and our employees are at the heart of everything we do. We are community-driven. By joining us, you will have access to a pool of passionate experts across data engineering, analytics, data science Change and Project Management.
So, are you ready to join us?