Maltem conducts strategic analyses designed to scope transformation projects for financial institutions by drawing on the business expertise spread across the group and a proven scoping methodology. These studies are carried out in a variety of domains; analysing business opportunities, streamlining organisation, regulatory impact assessments, overhauling business processes, optimising governance and business models.
- A few relevant references:
◦ “Analysis of the impact of centralising front office transaction capture for all Asian and Eastern European branches for a leading European financial institution”
◦ “Study of the opportunities linked to the emergence of so-called “Shariah Compliant” products for Clearstream Luxembourg”
◦ “Recommendations of key performance indicators for the structured finance department of a French bank based in Hong-Kong”
Technological expertise and integration of financial software packages
We contribute to the functional and technical design of the solutions that we apply from the selection/validation process for a target architecture, its implementation and its entire life cycle (version upgrade, improvements, migrations, decommissioning and multi-level support). Maltem undertakes the operational execution of the guidelines recommended by our business consultants in the following areas and according to the methodologies used by our customers (Scrum/Agile, Prince, Crystal, Waterfall, etc.):
◦ Streamlining of the front-to-finance processing chain
◦ Version upgrade
◦ Change and delivery management
◦ Support functions
◦ Software selection process
Maltem consultants are technically and functionally proficient in the most popular solutions on the market:
◦ E-trading software packages and platforms: Murex, Openlink, Mysis, TriplePoint, SunGard, Calypso, Bloomberg, Wallstreet, Reuters, TRDA, Bloomberg, Avaloq, Ullink, etc.
◦ Risk and Business Intelligence: Fermat, Algorithmix, SunGard, Active Pivot, Business Object, etc.
Our partners: Murex Asia, Thomson Reuters Asia, à enrichir
- A few relevant references:
◦ Murex version upgrade from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 on a Multiple product scope for ANZ Bank in Singapore
◦ Global Trader migration to Murex 3.1 on FX/MM products for all ING Asian branches.
◦ Execution of a performance audit on Calypso for Westpac Sydney and HSBC London
◦ Evaluation and selection of a solution designed to monitor market abuse for Société Générale in Paris
◦ Development of a consolidated liquidity management solution in real time for the BNP ALM department in Brussels
Outsourcing and Training
In order to tackle the problems of “Nearshoring”, “Offshoring” and “Outsourcing” that are traditionally propelled by cost and competitiveness constraints, Maltem implements service centres according to a system of bi-partite commitment and the standardisation of processes that would be outsourced; development, incident management and operation performance. The Maltem model aims to contribute the expertise of all Financial Market practices by forming dedicated teams both on and off site. The formalisation of quality assurance plans regulates and secures these approaches.
Establishing these service centres integrates continuous training plans for outsourced resources as well as customer teams in order to guarantee the reversibility and two-way transfer of activities. The structure of the Maltem group reflects this rational through our internal and external training centre which provides business, technical, functional and methodological training under the aegis of the Financial Markets Practice.